Make your mark on the PMI UK Chapter and our project management profession, by volunteering.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a positive difference:
- Build a Professional Network - build your professional network by forging lasting relationships with other chapter volunteers and professionals.
- Develop your Career Opportunities - show how well you work in a team, and get yourself noticed.
- Gain Skills and Experience - develop and sharpen vital project management and soft skills, including leadership, collaboration, and team-building. We have special workshops exclusive to volunteers
- Develop as a Leader - take advantage of opportunities to develop your personal leadership skills while making a lasting difference in your profession, your community, and your life.
- Giving Back - invest your time and energy in Volunteering opportunities and it’s possible to get more out than you put in. Don’t take our word for it, hear what our current and past cohorts of volunteers say here
Enhance the Project Management Profession - Reap the benefits of expanding connections and leverage career advancement opportunities, all while volunteering with PMI UK Chapter.
Get PDU’s! - Maintain your PMI credential by earning valuable PDU’s for time spent volunteering.
- Events - produce world class events by becoming a member of our Digital Events team: organising, planning, liaising with speakers, delivering high quality events of all types.
- Branches - be the person everyone remembers at local events, show how organised and effective you are
- Member Communities – join, or create, a group of experts and practical activities to promote your interest, whether it’s your commercial sector, specialism in project management, or global issue.
- Communications - manage the website, produce our newsletters, and engage in social media
- Outreach (corporate, academic, Enactus) - secure sponsorship and increase your professional profile by spreading the word about PMI and what we stand for
- Membership – help people to get the most out of their membership, and learn what you can get too
- Mentoring Programme - become a PMI mentor or assist with the organisation of the mentoring programme
- Volunteering – support the other volunteers to get the most out of volunteering opportunities, learn to coach for high performance, and organise the volunteer awards
- And much more!
Please Note: All volunteers must be current UK Chapter members. Not a Member, but would like to volunteer? Join Here!
How much time does it take?
Give as much, or as little, time as you are able. We know that your availability is going to change throughout the year, but in general:
- Bronze: 1-5 hrs per month; part of a team to organise events; joining a member community
- Silver: 6-15 hrs per month; organising events; joining a committee; leading a small team
- Gold: >15 hours per month; elected director of an area; leading on website or newsletter; leading on outreach
How to Volunteer
To get started:
- Log into the VRMS — if it’s your first time, see the VRMS Guide for detailed instructions on how to use the system.
- Review your volunteer profile and update your service history.
- Search and apply for opportunities that meet your interests and needs (select “United Kingdom” for our volunteering activities”).
- Once you apply, you will receive an email notification regarding the status of your application.
- Come back regularly to update your volunteer profile and service history, and search for more opportunities.
Your application will be reviewed and a PMI UK Board Member will contact you to discuss the role.