PM4THEWORLD Raises Funds for Earthquake Relief
PM4THEWORLD’s Earthquake Relief event brings aid to Türkiye and Syria. The February earthquakes brought widespread destruction and devastation to the region—one of this century’s most deadly disasters.
PM4THEWORLD, a humanitarian network of project professionals, cooperated with the Project Management Institute (PMI) to organize a 24-hour event to bring support to the region’s people. The event kicked off with a message from PMI CEO, Pierre Le Manh, followed by a summary of the situation and how local agencies and groups are working to provide aid and support from PMI Türkiye Chapter’s members. Hearing the eyewitness stories relating to the direct impact from lack of basics such as food, shelter, personal safety, and the longer term physical and psychological impacts on the population from loss of community and culture for decades to come was heartbreaking.
PM4THEWORLD focused on how Project Managers and Leaders have unique skills that support aid efforts
Four expert panels and twenty speakers from Türkiye, Africa, Europe, the Americas, Oceania, and Asia offered in depth presentations on the effects of disasters and leadership in crisis situations as the event followed the sun around the world. Our global coalition highlighted the need for everybody to get involved when tragedy strikes.
- Raising funds to help. Add your contribution here.
- Sharing knowledge and skills to assist organizations and teams providing aid.
- View videos and more on disaster impact and relief here.
- Highlighting disaster relief work, corporate responsibility, and leadership in managing the growing chaos from global disruption.
The event attendees have added multiple valuable feedbacks, both on the main take-aways for them as well as the format and further suggestions.
A strong added value of the conference reported by the attendees was its internationality, the diversity of cultures, perspectives and point of views it offered.
A positive factor for many participants was the interactivity of the conference and its format, with talks and panels, which was reported as an aspect fostering the educational character of the conference and the acquisition of further project management skills, also with a view to humanitarian perspective and corporate social responsibility.
Read what attendees say about the event
The attendees reported they felt the high level of emotions in the various presentations, the enthusiasm and commitment of the speakers to give back, to help and to work together for a better world. These feelings and empathy spread all over the world in the 24h of the conference and will be multiplied by various participants, who reported to have breathed such motivation to work together for a better world. In fact, the discussions and talks of the event helped several participants to broaden the view on what can be done with PM skills: these skills can not only be focused on organizations, but using them also more broadly in the society helps create a better world together and assist in emergency situations, as discussed in the conference.
The success of the event has been underlined also by many participants’ requests to have follow-up events in such an inspiring and engaging style, asking additionally to broaden the offer of the topics, from AI to Women in Project Management, from Leadership to Environmental, social, and governance (ESG).
“It has helped me to see how project management can be used to advance the cause of humanity.”
- “As a result of this event, I will carefully consider how I might be able to make a difference when global needs arise.”
- “The social cause behind this event and the efforts taken to organize such a massive 24 hour event itself takes a great effort. Lot of project management skills can be acquired through this initiative.”
- “Seeing how everyone is ready to help with their profession was promising.”
- “It has helped me to understand how to use my PM skills in social and humanitarian projects.”
- “The sharing of the organization and the gathering of people from different disciplines in such a process was very impressive.”
- “Volunteering by making an impact is the most noble act. I would like to volunteer in affected areas to assist with rescue and recovery efforts. Also Offer emotional support to the people.”
PM4THEWORLD is an international volunteer network founded by a group of professionals who care about the world and the people living in it. We aim to help those affected by disasters, whether man-made or natural, regardless of their race, culture, or religion.
Our mission is to initiate, back, and promote events supporting families impacted by ongoing or unique situations in partnership with not-for-profit organizations that share our objectives.
PM4THEWORLD has also supported events for Ukraine relief and is planning future events to raise awareness and funds in other regions. You can find out more about our organization here.
Are you a PMI Member?
Register here for your PMI Hours for Impact- Make your Pledge now: https://www.pmi.org/hours-for-impact/